Town of San Juan de la Rambla
November 8, 2010 by admin
The northern district, bounded on the east by Los Realejos, to the west and south Guancha with La Orotava. It has a total area of about 20 square kilometers and lies approximately 47 of Santa Cruz de Tenerife. It has a steep slope from their peaks to the coast.
It has about 5,000 inhabitants according to the latest population census. Before the Incas was part of Menceyato Ycoden.
Its main activity is agriculture. It is noteworthy as the farmer up the fields in the form of staggered shelf to take advantage of the difficult terrain. In the medium elevation areas are mainly grown potatoes, cereals, vegetables, vines and fruit trees on the coast mainly bananas and grapes.
San Juan de la Rambla has several villages that are: the case of San Juan de la Rambla, Las Aguas, El Rosario, these are along the coast are: The Quevedos, La Portalina, Las Rosas, La Vera, San Joseph.
The buildings will have to visit encentran the Church of San Juan Bautista
the case of San Juan, was built on an ancient shrine to San Juan that was built in 1530
is now the chapel of that church. The Chapel of the Rosary in the neighborhood of La Rambla,
seventeenth century, the Church of San Jose built in 1760, the old cemetery and Calvary.
As we are civic buildings of historic Town of St. John of the
Rambla, which was declared of cultural interest from a historic category
1993. Canary also has traditional houses and in front of the church, the House
the Oramas of Saa, that of Alonso del Castillo (now parish house), that of the Oramas
Quevedo, Calvary street of Days Llanos, of the Baptist.
In different areas are typical examples of architecture as the hull of the neighborhood
Waters, or the Rambla near the old road, and there is one of the Quevedos
of traditional Canarian architectural most interesting and best preserved.
San Juan de la Rambla offers a wide variety of landscapes in the coastal area
we have plenty of halophilic species: junipers, wild olives, hawthorns, verodes, thistles
tamarisks, tabaibas, dragon, palms. All native species in the Canaries. In
mediocrities look cedars, laurels, Viñátigo, AceBIT, heather, laurel, etc.. While
at the top are seen mostly pines canaries with some sections of laurel.
The town has a number of protected natural areas: The Natural Park
Crown Forest, the site of scientific interest in the Barranco de Ruiz or the protected area of the
slope of marzipan.
San Juan de la Rambla is located in Tenerife, is a municipality of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, San
Juan de la Rambla is located between the town of Los Realejos, and the municipality of La Guancha
is a fairly typical area where we find in the front of the houses in San Juan de la
Rambla, a wide variety of balconies typical of the island of Tenerife.
Related Tenerife Articles
- Orotava Town - In Spain, in the Canary Islands, we found the town of La Orotava, which is northwest of the island of Tenerife with 207.31 square km is the largest municipality Tenerife, where there is more population in La Orotava or “Villa” as it is called by its residents and neighbors, but is also shared by other areas such as
- The town of Santa Cruz of Tenerife - Santa Cruz de Tenerife is the capital of the Canary Islands together with Las Palmas of Gran Canaria. Between 1833 and 1927 Santa Cruz de Tenerife was the only capital of the Canaries, but then in 1927 a reform was established and Santa Cruz of Tenerife had to share this position with Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and
- Town of Los Realejos - Town of Los Realejos in Tenerife. Los Realejos is a very beautiful town of Tenerife. Its location makes it perfect, is in the valley of Orotava, and because is on the side of the mountains it has magnificent views of the sea and mountains from pretty much every where you are in the town. The
- Buenavista - Buenavista is the town at the northwest of the island. Most of their territory, almost a 85 percent, is catalogued like natural space by law, Conservation areas of Spain. The majority of these Conservation Areas of Buenavista is the Rural Park of Teno, space of matchless beauty that for that reason
- The town of Adeje - Fañabe Beach Adeje in Tenerife, Canary Islands, is a town located in the southwest of the Tenerife island and is one of the most populated towns. Adeje is a large area dedicated primarily to tourism, thanks to its wonderful beaches and sunny weather, most visitors and turists choose to spend their holidays here. Adeje is